586,005 active members*
5,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 0-M on Kitamura mycenter 3

getting a 411 alarm (Servo alarm: X axis excess error) at random. i can create a program that moves the table to all four corners at rapid, and sometimes it will take 40 mins to get the alarm.
    sometimes it will do it in about 1 min.when the alarm occurs i dont see any LEDs lit on the servo drive. like i said this happens at random.. seems like no matter what rapid speed it is set at.
    could there be a problem with the cables? servo drive or even the servo?

any help is appreciated.

Re: Fanuc 0-M on Kitamura mycenter 3

Yes, could be the cable. Especially where it goes through the Y axis cable track. You can disconnect it from the drive, and use a mega ohmer to see if the insulation is failing. Another common spot is the motor connector if the waycovers are not in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Yes, could be the cable. Especially where it goes through the Y axis cable track. You can disconnect it from the drive, and use a mega ohmer to see if the insulation is failing. Another common spot is the motor connector if the waycovers are not in good shape.
    yes i am beginning to thing it is the feedback cable more so now than this morning. because it does it worse if its in a certain spot and seem like it is doing it more often since i disconnected and moved the wire around a little bit.
    i am also getting a hard disconnect alarm. (416 servo alarm: x axis disconnect) every so often, along with the 411 alarm. im going to pull the feedback cable all the way out and see what i find.
    but i am also a possibility of the servo encoder being a culprit??, even though it is a red top servo that has a eternal encoder...
    components can still fail.

thanks for the quick reply "underthetire"

I pulled both the power cable and the feedback cable out and found no open wires or shorts...
    Crap. I guess I'm going to plug everything back up but this time leave the wires out if the cable tray and see what happens when I get back in the morning. Are there any other possibilities??

I am with Under The Tire on this one. Cables don't always fail with a direct short or broken wire. When they don't fail completely a few wire strands of wire stay connected and it will meter OK. When you flex the cable you get intermittent shorts and grounds. Your alarms are pointing to the feedback cable.I suggest replacing this cable. The problem you are having in duplicating the problem may be due to that the "X" axis cable only moves with the Y axis is moving, so moving only the X will not change to position of the cable and not fault out the machine as much. Either way, your problem is screaming "Bad Cable"

The thing that gets me is. it will only do it when rapid is set above 50%. i can go back there and bend and twist and roll the cable while its at %50 and it wont alarm out. but as soon as i go to 75% it will make about 5 moves and alarm. a new cable isnt that much, so im going to get one. and if that doesnt fix it. i guess ill call Fanuc.

Ordered a new feedback cable from www.machinetoolcables.com out of arizona. we bought a replacement cable from them before around 2011 and havent had a single problem,

they are making the cable today and shipping it out this afternoon, at no extra charge!! only $225, which is way cheaper than what Kitamura wants for one.

i will post the out come after i get it put in. Thanks for your help.

Did replacing the Feedback Cable solve your problems? I'm just curious and interested in an update.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cml View Post
    Did replacing the Feedback Cable solve your problems? I'm just curious and interested in an update.

Thanks.
    yes sir it did!!

strangely after putting the new cable in it alarmed the first 2 times after starting up and making a lateral move, and the third time it did not alarm and has been running since then with no problems at all.