584,871 active members*
5,366 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: ER11 Collets

ER11 Collets

I recently setup a little 0.8kw high speed spindle, and found it very difficult to get an 1/8" ER11 collet into the closer nut. It works fine, and does a good job, and I do have another ER11 collet closer nut for the larger sizes, but the 1/8 inch collet won't come out of the nut now. (Yes before somebody asks I know to take the mill out first. LOL.) I can see where this could be a common issue with such a small total overall assembly, but is it normal? I'm just concerned that if I drop a 3mm collet or a 1/16" collet in my other nut that it will also become a permanent assembly. I suppose I could always buy a handful of ER11 collet closer nuts. One for each of the smaller sizes. LOL.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Re: ER11 Collets

There are 2 or 3 flavours of ER11 nuts and you need the right one for the collets you are using.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...e-spindle.html

bob

Re: ER11 Collets

I too sometimes have a bit of trouble getting those collets out. I find it easier to push on the empty collet from the cutter end with a tool or scrap rod. Locate the area where the collet will tilt out and push on the collet face in that area.
    Mentally confused and prone to wandering!!