585,902 active members*
4,037 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Endmills from tormach or another place?
Page 1 of 2 12

Endmills from tormach or another place?

Hello, do most buy there carbide endmills from tormach, or do you source them from shars, msc, grainger, etc? I know a local place, but just asking where the good deals are online that most people frequent. Just trying to price compare the local shop, and tormach prices to others.

Thanks!

Re: Endmills from tormach or another place?

I buy mine from VICTOR Machinery, or Ebay.
    If I'm in a rush, I'll get them locally from REX Supply.

PM-45 CNC conversion built/run/sold.

Lakeshore carbide... wow
    Single profile thread mills, corner radius mills and other nice stuff
    Add that to my list.
    Thanks

Lakeshore Carbide is my favorite. For end mills, mill/drills, chamfer tools, etc. Their pre-ream end mills are great too.

If not them, I buy Niagara tools from McMaster. Their "premium carbide end mills for aluminum" are incredibly durable. Expensive.

I think I will try Tormach at some point. Would be interesting to know who they source them from.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
    I think I will try Tormach at some point. Would be interesting to know who they source them from.
    They show a //G on label for brand and made in Korea for origin.
    Don't have enough experience to tell how good they are but they cut and do the job!
    Easy to add to order when you buying other tools.
    What I'm doing right now, I will get tired of looking at them before they wear out.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    They show a //G on label for brand and made in Korea for origin.
    Don't have enough experience to tell how good they are but they cut and do the job!
    Easy to add to order when you buying other tools.
    What I'm doing right now, I will get tired of looking at them before they wear out.

Hope this helps
    Interesting. The reason I like Lakeshore is their tools are in my experience very well made. And their prices are great. And the icing on the cake is they are made in the US.

Not that I mind Korean made. I will be in Korea this Summer.

Beezle
    Nice travel plan!
    What and industrial country SK is! If your a maker or builder that is a country of them imho.

Most of my experience with carbide is big fast routers and companies like whiteside. they had some of the best industrial grade stuff. They should be at 75$ to 100$ each.
    As for these cutters I have little experience. As noted above I included them in part of my order and so far I have no problem with what tormach sells.
    Decent to excellent quality tools in general. Not super overpriced but not cheap and so far no junk! Hard to say that about many things these days.
    md

Thanks for all the help so far. Really appreciate it!!

Endmills from tormach or another place?

For those that like eBay and are just wanting to build up their end mill collection, here is a link to a super deal. They do a couple of these a week. You get ten end mills of their choice. One will be 1/2 inch and the rest smaller. I have won a couple of these auctions and spent $35-50 per auction. The quality is outstanding. Probably better than I could normally afford. The ones I have received included one 1/2 inch, a couple of 3/8, a couple of 1/4 inch, a couple of 1/8 and some in between and a couple of really small ones. Most are square, some ball, some with radius corners.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

By the way I am not associated with G W Schultz Tool Co. In any way. Just passing along a good deal.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've bought end mills from Kodiak Cutting Tools - USA Made Carbide End Mills, Onlinecarbide Your Carbide Cutting Tool Source, Shars, and a few random ebay. Onlinecarbide has good prices, and a "basic" selection, made in US. Kodiak has a great selection of end mills as well as drills and taps, but slightly higher prices, made in US. BTW Kodiak Tooling Solutions Featuring Dorian Tools , a different site has/or had great prices on ER collets.

I've ordered a few times from Shars. The stuff I received was good, but they've always taken a week to ship my stuff, including the "US made only" order that is supposed to ship that day. They are located in Missouri so I figured I would get my stuff quickly, I'm in eastern Nebraska.

Have yet to try Tormach.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbobb View Post
    I've bought end mills from Kodiak Cutting Tools - USA Made Carbide End Mills, Onlinecarbide Your Carbide Cutting Tool Source, Shars, and a few random ebay. Onlinecarbide has good prices, and a "basic" selection, made in US. Kodiak has a great selection of end mills as well as drills and taps, but slightly higher prices, made in US. BTW Kodiak Tooling Solutions Featuring Dorian Tools , a different site has/or had great prices on ER collets.

I've ordered a few times from Shars. The stuff I received was good, but they've always taken a week to ship my stuff, including the "US made only" order that is supposed to ship that day. They are located in Missouri so I figured I would get my stuff quickly, I'm in eastern Nebraska.

Have yet to try Tormach.
    Shars is located in the Chicago area, its St Charles Illinois, it should be about the same shipping distance for you in Nebraska. I can order from Mcmaster Carr out of Chicago and its here the next day if I place the order by 10 am the day before, but they are a bit pricey.
    mike sr

I'll upload pictures of the tormach cutters when they show up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by mike sr1 View Post
    Shars is located in the Chicago area, its St Charles Illinois, it should be about the same shipping distance for you in Nebraska. I can order from Mcmaster Carr out of Chicago and its here the next day if I place the order by 10 am the day before, but they are a bit pricey.

Yup, must of been thinking about Midway.

Attachment 230762Attachment 230764

Tools showed, grind on all is extremely nice.
    Seem like a good option for being right off the tormach site. I'll bring the price list to my local supplier and see if I can't snag some American ground carbide for the same price. Stay tuned

TiAln on 2fl is.. puzzling..

Why do you say that

duplicate post

The grind and flute count indicate an intention to cut aluminum. Tialn doesnt play particularly well with aluminum..

Coatings perform two basic functions; high temperature stability and lubricity. Tialn is incredibly good at both, but actually requires a high temperature in order to offer any lubricity, and aluminum melts long before that point. Expect the aluminum to gall and stick to the coating; its not terribly, but uncoated would be better, and Zrn better still.

Page 1 of 2 12