584,846 active members*
3,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question EMCO PC Turn 55 Homing

Hi,

I recently acquired a PC Turn 55 Lathe and PC including the control card and have been slowly getting it back to working condition. Spent a few days repairing the PC and got it up and running with WinNC v12.30 installed. The PC certainly seems to be communicating with the lathe ok, it recognises eStop and when the lathe is off for instance. I have some experience with building and running a CNC under both Mach3 and LinuxCNC so I'm not totally oblivious to how things should work; homing, gCode, etc.

In WinCAM I have been going to the NC tab and this is where I'm stuck: the software has the alarm (7017 go for reference point) which after reading the manual indicates it should be homed, which is logical. We don't have the Fanuc control panel, just the PC keyboard, but for the life of me I cant figure out how to get it into the mode (zrn?) to allow jogging/referencing to home.

I came across an description online that says to enter the mode press f1, when I do that however all we get is the help file popping up.

I'm sure it's really simple to do but if anyone could help me out on how to get into the modes via key commands I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time,

Re: EMCO PC Turn 55 Homing

The C5 don't have the possibility of homing. If you want it anyway, you have to mount dial indicaters which you can use it after starting the machine.

But, if you want to upgrade your machine to a modern control like mach3 or Linuxcnc you should remove the steppers and there drivers
    and change it to nowadays models. Thats not a really big effort and you increase the speed and precision of the machine significantly.

Re: EMCO PC Turn 55 Homing

Not sure if you have an answer. In wincam there is a home button that looks like a bullseye. Click that and it should home.