585,975 active members*
4,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Knee Vertical Mills > Eagle 500 3 axis CNC Knee Mill with Anilam 1400

Eagle 500 3 axis CNC Knee Mill with Anilam 1400

Hello all.

Picked up about a 1992 Eagle 500 with Anilam 1400 controls.
    I didn't get any tooling with the machine. I need to confirm that the spindle is nmtb 40.
    Has anyone had one of these before?
    I noticed that one of the "dogs" is missing from the spindle also.

I'll be programming some with BobCad, and also wondering about anyone's experience with that.

Thanks.

Re: Eagle 500 3 axis CNC Knee Mill with Anilam 1400

Got it hooked up.

Had serious boot up problems. Found that the Gateway 2000 PC had dead CMOS battery, and dead 4.5v battery pack that is Velcro attached to the bottom of the hard drive. Replaced those and boots up perfect now.

Now I need to be able to load programs from my windows 8 with BobCad to the Gateway PC. I had a stack of floppy disks that were all bad. I decided I'd like to use something more common and reliable. So I wanted to update the Gateway to USB, but not sure how to go about that exactly.

I dug around on ebay and found an adapter that lets me put an SD card into it, and then insert adapter into the Gateway's 3.5" floppy drive.
    I can write to the SD card with my Windows 8 laptop.

Anyone try this yet?

Also, it looks like someone has lengthened the drawbar for use with the CAT40 holders. I guess I'll be trimming it for the NMTB40 holders I have. I may look at the top and see if I can make a spacer to shorten the reach into the tool.

Ok. Now I'm in need of a quick answer to a dumb question.

I can use the Anilam's PC to format floppy discs, I can scan A: (floppy) and it tells me how much free space and such.

But, I cannot figure out how to go about actually reading the files from the floppy so that I can load them.

How do I bring up the files that are on the A:?

Help please.

ok figured that out. Bad floppy disk.

Then had some bad wiring on an encoder to chase down.

Now I've customized a BobCad post processor for my s1400 and have it working well. But I'm unsure how to tell the machine where I want each work offset. I'm sure it's easy and I can figure it out but I'm feeling lazy and have 3 or 4 pallets of material incoming starting tomorrow. So I'd love of someone could give me an easy.

Figured that out too. I found the "shift" button that gives me the G53 option.
    The 1400m manual I found is quite a bit different than my S1400.

sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I didn't see a classified section.
    My PLC that controls spindle, tool change, air brake, and power knee went out. It still runs a program and the servos operate perfectly, but it faults when it's waiting for a PLC controlled function. After trying several things, I decided to remove the Anilam controls and install a new system from CNC4PC.com
    I'm only keeping my servo motors and the large power supply for them. Everything else I am selling. Even the monitor console and servo driver cards. I'd like to get $650 out of everything but I'm open to offers.

Again, if this is the wrong place to post this please move or delete. Thanks.

Included:
    3 servo driver cards
    Motion cards
    Power distribution cards
    1993 gateway 2000
    Monitor console
    12-15vdc power supply
    24vdc power supply.
    And more that I can't name.

This is for parts only. Some of the connectors were cut for easier removal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg