585,741 active members*
5,335 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Don't know what it is saying

Don't know what it is saying

I am getting this error message and I don't know what to do. I just want to cut out the 6 coasters . I want to cut it in about 3 circles down. I do not want to cut 1/2 inch deep in 1 cut. Here is the Bob fileAttachment 257822. I thought ramping would do it.

Thank You
    Don
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.

Re: Don't know what it is saying

I couldn't get it to do the same thing in simulation the first time around, but when I switched the simulator to the "Time-Based Mode", I could also get the same error. I don't know what's causing it, but if you leave the simulation set for "NC Based Mode", it should finish the simulation fine and I suspect the code would be fine as well when you post it. I've never encountered that error, so I'm guessing it's probably one of those odd occurrences that hopefully you won't see again. Why it would simulate fine in NC-based, but not Time-based is hard to say, other than perhaps you should double check your feeds/speeds (maybe they get ignored in NC Based Mode?).

Looks like you have the array function down!

Re: Don't know what it is saying

I changed the start position and it worked just fine. Yes I am getting to like the array function.

Don
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.