585,753 active members*
4,599 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > DolohinCam V12 Gone. Total laptop Hard drive lost.

DolohinCam V12 Gone. Total laptop Hard drive lost.

OK, My darn lappy went DOA! Total loss. How do I get DCam re-installed? Had V12 Mill Pro. Email w/ name and address sent into Support team.
    Honestly I cannot even recall how I installed or did the download last year? Sorry.. But - On a good note, I do have the drawings backed up at least. :-)

Nothing pressing at the moment, but want to get everything back up sooner than later.

Thanks,
    CG. (Jeff).

Re: DolohinCam V12 Gone. Total laptop Hard drive lost.

Hello Jeff,

No problem, Rodney will contact you via email and get you back up and running.

ATB
    Andre

Awesome! Thanks. I wondered if I should download the TRIAL again and then just get keys later or something? I'm out of town but brought the laptop anyway. I'll watch for a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by andre-dolphin View Post
    Hello Jeff,

No problem, Rodney will contact you via email and get you back up and running.

ATB
    Andre

I am in the same situation. My computer crashed and I lost everything. I tried to download the program again but nothing seems to work. My V12 version keeps saying that my trial has expired. How do I get up and get the program running? I tried to use my license but it keeps saying that my new computer is not allowed to run the V12 version. Any help would be great.

POK, Go to the DCam website. Download the TRial version. This will be PartMaster V13. It's the same as V.12 No Mill enhancements from what I was told. Install V13 and then request a Licence and mail in the code per the instructions. The good folks will/should reply with your new key for PM13. You should include your Name and ID the software was purchased under. Or send a copy of your receipt (what I did if I recall).
    They replied quickly w/ my new unlock. Hope this help!
    CG.

Quote Originally Posted by coltsfan View Post
    I am in the same situation. My computer crashed and I lost everything. I tried to download the program again but nothing seems to work. My V12 version keeps saying that my trial has expired. How do I get up and get the program running? I tried to use my license but it keeps saying that my new computer is not allowed to run the V12 version. Any help would be great.

Hello,

This might be a good time to explain what happens when a license is installed.

When the request file is produced it asks Windows for a machine ID - this ID is a combination of hardware IDs and operating system software ID - eg Windows version and build numbers. This gives us a unique code for your PC - we don't know or care what hardware is installed, it's just a case of getting a code.

If you fit a new hard drive, re-format the drive or re-install Windows, then the PC ID will be different, that's why an existing license won't work.

This is not a problem, just go through the request / activation procedure again and send us the new request file.

We will verify your status before issuing a new license.

ATB
    Andre

I have PartMaster Pro V12 and have just upgraded to Win10. Now Dolphin CAD is crashing. Is there an update to resolve this, short of paying for a V13 upgrade?

Hello,

When you say crashing, do you mean when you try to Save a file ?

Have a look here for further info.....

Windows - versions :: DOLPHIN CADCAM

ATB
    Andre

No, the crash happens when I open a DXF file. As soon as I select the file, it says that the program has crashed.

Hi Andre,
    The issue occurs with any file activity. Whether I open a file or save a file, it crashes. I even installed the V13.5 upgrade, and it continues to crash. Do you guys have any known issues with Win10? I really think that's where the issue is. Incidentally, I never had compatibility mode enabled. Additionally, I uninstalled V12 prior to installing V13.5, all of this after the Win10 upgrade.

...and it happens with Partmaster CAD and CAM...

Hello,

Previous versions of PartMaster set the compatibility when installed.

Uninstalling and installing a newer version won't get rid of the compatibility.

Did you try the steps outlined on the Support page ?

This is the only know issue with Win10.

ATB
    Andre

Quote Originally Posted by andre-dolphin View Post
    Hello,

Previous versions of PartMaster set the compatibility when installed.

Uninstalling and installing a newer version won't get rid of the compatibility.

Did you try the steps outlined on the Support page ?

This is the only know issue with Win10.

ATB
    Andre
    Hi Andre,
    I verified that there is absolutely no compatibility enabled for the shortcut. However, the support page specifically states that a fresh post-Win10 install should not have any of these problems.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Hi Andre,
    I must humbly admit that I found the culprit and, indeed, it was a compatibility setting on the apps themselves, not the multiple shortcuts where I'd been looking. My apologies and thank you for your assistance.

Hello,

No problem, thanks for letting us know you're up and running.

ATB
    Andre