585,698 active members*
3,393 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: designer

designer

My BobCad V25 has developed a quirk. While drawing a part, a message "run stock wizard" comes up. The system then shuts down and requires a restart. Any ideas what might be causing that? Thanks for any help! I'm a newbie at BobCad.

Re: designer

The stock wizard always comes up when you first start a new file or open geometry from an existing part model created in other software. I would just do the stock wizard right off the bat to create some stock (does not matter what size/shape), the re-run the stock wizard later when you need to make it specific to the job. If you don't want to see the stock, you can right click on the stock in the cam tree and set the transparency high, then set it lower later when you may want to see it again.

I usually design in other software, then import the geometry to Bobcad. It's pretty much habit that the first thing I do is create the stock since the software prompts for it right away, so I can't say I've really had any experience with how it would behave if I didn't create the stock. Also, be sure you are working with the latest build of your version, which can be downloaded from Bobcad's website and also that your graphics drivers are current. I think V25 should be build number 996 or something like that. If you go to the "Help" menu, then select "About BobCAD", you can see what build you are using.