585,754 active members*
3,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Defeng is on the mend

Defeng is on the mend

Hi all, yes Defeng has been ill, and yes he is get back onto the orders, I received an email today

Re: Defeng is on the mend

Hi, are you committed to buy or just thinking about it?
    Ian.

Hi Ian
    Yes I placed my order and deposit on the 15th of October 2013, for a SVM-2, with all the good bits ATC, Tool set, and a CNC Lathe that he was developing… so a large enough deposit to stress me considerably.
    But unfortunately, I have not had any response since 16-05-2014, apart from a quick chat with his now ex-partner, with him telling me he was looking for a new facility?
    I did not intend to start a new thread, it was a click of the wrong button, I monitor Defeng’s original thread daily.

Liam

Hello,
    Do you think he is fully recovered, in good health and ready to work on the project?

All I ordered was a $300 driver for my BLDC spindle motor. He promised to ship it several times. I paid in full in early January of this year. If he is "on the mend" I can find NO reason he could not have sent this part that he has said was in his possession... I haven't received any communication from him since April...

Defeng, if you ever read these posts, could you please just send the part I paid in full for over 6 months ago? You said you would ship in March, then April, then you were never heard from again...
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

Hi, we have a very real problem here.....buying direct as opposed to going through your local tool suppler.

Your local tool supplier has the buying power, knowhow and contacts to vet the Chinese suppliers and those that don't make a blip on their radar don't get to do business.......but that comes at the expense of a big mark up on their product range.

So do you gamble and risk a couple of grand to save a couple of grand by direct order placing or pay a few grand more and get your item delivered the same week to your door, having seen it displayed in the suppliers showroom.....Hobson's choice.

I think we all got excited at the build progress on the other thread where the mill(s) were described from day one to last post etc, but as the direct buying process is more than getting excited, we'll just have to sweat a bit more and hope Defeng can get stabilised to finish the projects.

I don't think there are that many people committed to buying these mills and who have paid out cash sums etc, that Defeng could not send an email to them to reassure them and give some indication of the present situation China wise.

AARGGH, of 6040 router fame, said that he also had some bother with extended delivery dates while buying and direct importing a 6040 router from the Chinese suppliers, so we'll just have to hang in there, sweaty palms and nail biting etc.
    Ian.

people buy products directly from china on ebay all the time with no problems and quick shipping. don't try to say this is just another case of it being risky to do business with chinese companies. this case is not typical, completely cutting off contact with customers that paid for your product and not just prototype machines built from scratch but simple off the shelf drivers and failing to deliver is criminal. it's called theft. wise up and call your credit card company to see if you have any chance of recovering the lost funds.

I also See it as theft not to communicate but i checked the chances are minimal to See our money back ...

Quote Originally Posted by carlowens View Post
    people buy products directly from china on ebay all the time with no problems and quick shipping. don't try to say this is just another case of it being risky to do business with chinese companies. this case is not typical, completely cutting off contact with customers that paid for your product and not just prototype machines built from scratch but simple off the shelf drivers and failing to deliver is criminal. it's called theft. wise up and call your credit card company to see if you have any chance of recovering the lost funds.
    Hi, if you buy at a substantial cost ANYTHING on EBAY from a seller with no feedback rating....you are a fool or a gambler.

At the time of the buying option I decided to gamble on the outcome being favourable as the prices were very favourable, so as circumstances don't always play as you want, I have to wait and see the outcome.

If I was "needing" to have a CNC mill I could have gone to my local machine tool dealership and browsed their CNC dedicated stuff, but with a starting price for a bare turn key machine at $30,000 + that was a non starter, and retrofitting some crap manual machine was also a non starter.

I'm not into production milling, so it's a hobby/toy thing for me......taking the path I chose is just one step on the road to getting the goods at the best price.

I chose to go this path because the SVM-0 package was adaptable to my thinking and wants, as opposed to getting a pre assembled package that just created a cost from the dealer's huge mark-up.....he takes the risks, now I am too.
    Ian.