584,805 active members*
5,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Deckel, Maho, Aciera, Abene Mills > Deckel Maho DMC 63V Z axis intermittent drop.................need help
Page 1 of 3 123

Question Deckel Maho DMC 63V Z axis intermittent drop.................need help

Could anyone here help me to solve the intermittent Z axis drop problem on DMC63V?
    Mostly happened when doing manual setting (using handwheel) or when closing access door and press Feed Start. PM to my email is also welcome.

Thank's in advance.

Have you checked whether the lubrication system is working properly? It could be happpening due to lack of lubrication on that axis.
    If not I suggest you contact your local DMG area service as it could be an electronics problems.

Hi . We have same problem in Turkey. Could you share us how did you solved the problem.

dear friend can u give me the exact extent of the drop you are facing....and also info regarding the condition of the machine

Dear sirs
    We had same problem at plant and had the machine technicians called in and fixed the problem will have to look at th report

Deckel CNC FP3AB axis intermittent drop.................need help...also tall about this penal digrame...som problem in penal so i have penal digrame...

I have the same problem with my DMC 63V in Canada. If someone have a idea how to fix it I am very interesting. I ask DMG to repair it many time and they cannot do it...
    If I find something, I share it with you...

This sounds like a counterbalance problem. When the doors are opened the servos are disconnected. This is done as a safety precaution, i guess it's required in europe. Meanwhile with the drives turned off, the axis can drift out of set position due to counterbalance imprefection. Upon re-energize of drives, i.e., closure of doors , the drives react due to a following error that was caused by the drift and therefore go into a small "hunting" condition which appears as a jump. This is unacceptable. I can't comment about DMG's response overseas, but the lads in the Canada office should be able to address this problem for you.

My CNC don't have a counterbalance system, according to the information I get up to now, they're a mechanic break include with the motor and the problem is related to the sefaty communication protocole with the drive. Sometime problem of communication ignitiate the emergency stop ant give the command to the brake with a delay (This is why it drop between 2 and 8 inches.

DMC 63v drop z_axis

can you Check all conector (power suply and encoder) motor_z may be they lose or have to change. and you can try bypass door always lock,ii there oke you can us dmg service to change contactor betwen door lock with er module starting.

we had same problem in 1035v. We found that bolts between the ballscrew nut and Z axis slide to be loosened. We tighted those and applied some locite. It solved my problem of drifting of Zaxis.

Inspect the encoder cable for the Z axis. Check continuity of the cable from one end to the other.

Look carefully at the connector on each end, those connectors suck!!
    The pins push back inside the connector and do not make contact with all the pins in the connector or they make minimal connection affected by vibrations and other influences.

I have fixed 3 machines with this solution.

Regards
    DD

I have Deckel Maho DMU63V. My problem is i can't run that machine because the screen show "Relay ext DC Voltage Missing". What i need to do? Can someone help me.

what kind your control used ? shimi

We have the same problem with DMC 63V. We have changed almost every drive and relay in the electrical panel plus the door lock mechanism, but with no luck yet. We will try changing the encoder cable and connectors and write back the results. We have to note that the drop happens in both manual and automatic mode, with more possibilities in manual mode. If anyone else has any more other information on the subject, please contribute here.

I had the same problem on a brandnew DMC 63V. After 6 weeks or so I called DMG and they send me a technician, who changed some connections inside the CNC. But I know this only for a Siemens 840D Control, maybe it works on the 810D as well. In the circuit diagram, I have all the changes noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by uli12us View Post
    I had the same problem on a brandnew DMC 63V. After 6 weeks or so I called DMG and they send me a technician, who changed some connections inside the CNC. But I know this only for a Siemens 840D Control, maybe it works on the 810D as well. In the circuit diagram, I have all the changes noticed.
    Can you specify which cables you had replaced please?

Most problems are the encoder cable,motor cable.

The problems are also in the connectors, They suck!!

The pins push back in side the connectors, when the machine vibrates it cause intermitent connections causing problem.

Any cables going up to the top of the machine could be problematic and there connectors.

Regards
    DD

No, thats not the connectors. At a new machine the motor connectors are new as well. They have made a fault in the wiring of the CNC and instead of connecting to the customers, they wait until the customers call her. And that was not the only fault in the new machine.

And the connectors of the siemens Motors don't make any problem, I have disconnected the toolrevolver more than 50 times. Never have a problem with this. But the connectors from a dozen years ago are maybe better than the one produced today. Another problem with the machine is the doorlocking, the switch will defective after some years, because of the tremor of the toolchanger.

@kevork_gr and others: If you give me your email adress, I will send you the changes. It works only with the 840D contol.

I have called the dmg service and we cleaned and tightened the connections on the motor cable that leads to the spindle motor(2 orange(1 for power & 1 for information signals) & 1 grey, I think this is for the brake).
    The problem stopped for about one day and continued the next day, and continues to this day, again in random times and even when we don't press any buttons(manual move, etc.).
    I have noticed that when you start the machine and press the engage button to load(air and/or power?), there is a low frequency noise coming from the back of the machine, like a small compressor working, and then stops. If the noise is heard and lasts for the normal duration(about 5-7 seconds), the machine works normally. If the noise isn't heard, after a small amount of time(~10 seconds) the machine emergency stops, sometimes with a z axis drop and sometimes without. In both cases, following the emergency stop, the air that is loaded is released with a noise. The message that is displayed is "Emergency Stop" & "Emergency recovery module not operative". I don't think this provides many info though.
    After that, the machine will hardly start working again if I don't reboot and OFF/ON the main switch at the back.
    I would really like to know if anyone knows what's producing the noise on the press of the engage button(noted with the red circle on the pic below).
    Thank you all very much for the help.

Page 1 of 3 123