586,009 active members*
4,865 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Customizing Mazak\Mazatrol

Hi

Just started working on Mazak and I have a few things I want to change to make my life easier.

When i push MDI i can easaly use laser measurement why isn't there a tool eye measurement aswell? I would like to add this if possible, now i jump between programs to run a simple measure cycle on tools when i change insert.
    That MDI function is prolly the best thing i like about the control if i can add things to it.

Also M codes for coolant isn't correct so i would like to change them aswell. This is for Mazatrol programming.
    Any possibility to add M01 after each cycle or before each tool change as standard in the Mazatrol program? It's just a good way to be able to stop the machine when it's done if i need to leave the machine, programming it in manually isn't really an option, both Fanuc and Okuma has this as standard why not Mazak?

When using "Tool eye" to measure tools why doesn't it 0 out wear? And when using program to use "Tool eye" it only compensate on wear. Been looking in the parameter books for adjusting this but can't find anything.

Machine Mazak 650-II H with Matrix.

Re: Customizing Mazak\Mazatrol

I don't understand the tool eye thing but if you have one you can measure in MDI. One tool or many tools at once. Refer to your manual for detail. To use M01 before each tool change add M01 in the sequence line of each unit or add a Manual unit with no priority number and it will read M01 every time it moves to the next number or use the ATC Stop button in the Test menu and the machine will stop before tool change. As far as the coolant codes being wrong, that's not really possible. M08 M51 M133 are all coolant codes. Mazak will not customize the control for you.

Re: Customizing Mazak\Mazatrol

Other machine im using (Fanuc) i only need a simple G code and T number to remeasure tools. On Mazak i need allot more, so i use a mazatrol program to measure the tools, actually a hard way to do it when im running a program. So i thought if possible to add this measure combo to the MDI options you get when pushing MDI.
    If this is possible i would actually like Mazak a little.

I will try to add a manual without priority.

So when you get high pressure option on the machine there is actually no way to modify the M codes? There is so much empty space on the tabs why can't it be modified We use M131 M100 to M106