584,857 active members*
4,452 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > CNC Plasma / Oxy Fuel Cutting Machines > Curent Value of a used Koike Aronson Plate Pro 1500?

Curent Value of a used Koike Aronson Plate Pro 1500?

Good evening all,

I am currently looking at a Koike Aronson Plate Pro 1500. The machine looks like it has been barely used, they had a 2500 in the shop that seems to be getting all of the use.

The serial plate shows it was built in late 2008 and it has a KarCNCx Computer/Controller, a Hypertherm 1650 G3 , a Hypertherm Sensor PHC controller and a Oxy cutter.

What would be a fair price to pay? what would be a bargain? Anything to look out for with these particular units?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Curent Value of a used Koike Aronson Plate Pro 1500?

Anyone? Any insight would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Here is my personal opinion if I were buying it (assuming everything works)

Hypertherm 1650 G3 $2500.00
    Hypertherm Sensor PHC $1500
    table and linear motion stuff $600

The controls might be worth something but being 15 years old not much. If it breaks it will cost a bloody fortune to get it fixed.

The motors and mechanics have value but do not count on keeping them if the controller is not working or needs to be replaced. Controls and motors have changed a lot in 15 years and finding something besides another Koike that would just plug in and work might be difficult

Be aware that is a big heavy gantry and doing a retro needs to take that into consideration.

My ONLY basis of the values is from calls I get that start " I just bought a [insert the brand/model here] cutting table and I want to know what I need to upgrade it to modern controls...." i know how much it takes to build one from kits and It seems pointless to spend more buying and reto fitting a "classic" than to have a DIY build that will out perform it .

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post
    Here is my personal opinion if I were buying it (assuming everything works)

Hypertherm 1650 G3 $2500.00
    Hypertherm Sensor PHC $1500
    table and linear motion stuff $600

The controls might be worth something but being 15 years old not much. If it breaks it will cost a bloody fortune to get it fixed.

The motors and mechanics have value but do not count on keeping them if the controller is not working or needs to be replaced. Controls and motors have changed a lot in 15 years and finding something besides another Koike that would just plug in and work might be difficult

Be aware that is a big heavy gantry and doing a retro needs to take that into consideration.

My ONLY basis of the values is from calls I get that start " I just bought a [insert the brand/model here] cutting table and I want to know what I need to upgrade it to modern controls...." i know how much it takes to build one from kits and It seems pointless to spend more buying and reto fitting a "classic" than to have a DIY build that will out perform it .

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com
    Thanks for the response, but...
    I think there may be a bit of confusion. The table is a late model (2008) so its 6ish years old. The controller CarCNCx is probably as modern as it gets for plasma cnc controls....