584,858 active members*
4,311 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

crusader m series anilam issues

I am a total newbie here and to cnc. I am dealing with a crusader m series controller and mill I purchased a few years ago, I tried Search and am sure the answers are there if I asked the right questions but thats were being a newbie comes in I don't know what to ask. quick background. I bought this machine a three years ago it was running and everything was working good, (I am not a machinist by trade but I have lot of stuff built thats time consuming but simple, sloppy tolerances, the local machine shop loves me but sometimes they are backed up and I need it now not tomorrow afternoon). about 18 months ago the mill just quit working one day it fired up 2 months later nothing. the readout display comes on, the table movement reads on the readout, the servos do not kick on and the mill does not turn on in manual or automatic, I activated the motor starter on the mill with a screw driver though and the mill fired up. I have switched the mechanical relays around nothing different happened they all seem to work. I have checked all the fuses and the big solid state relay thats under the board its good but no power is getting to the trigger side of that relay. alright that was rambling but here is what I know I need. lots of advice and a wiring schematic. any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Re: crusader m series anilam issues

I Seemed to have had some trouble with mine to but I would start by checking the orange and the red boards look for any blown caps and if you find and it shoulodnt be that hard to replace it, the orange board is basically what controls all memory and the red board is what controls your servos.

Re: crusader m series anilam issues

I have had the same problem. Check to make sure that none of the limit switches are engaged. The limit switches disable the servos and the main power to the machine spindle.