584,833 active members*
5,612 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Create containment boundry around 1 of 2 pockets

Create containment boundry around 1 of 2 pockets

Hello All,
    I'm a newbie when it comes to using matercam. I have been trying to generate tool paths for a pocket but am having trouble selecting the boundry. I've attached my MCX-5 file to this post. I would like to create toolpaths for the pocket I have indicated with a red arrow. I've tried a few things but seems to run into different problems. If you toggle viewing of the toolpaths I've generated you'll see the various options I've tried.

Attachment 244250

Re: Create containment boundry around 1 of 2 pockets

I figured it out but I would still like to know how it could have been done with my file from the first post.

I had to add a few lines and trace over existing lines to make new boundaries but it ended up getting the job done.

I attached the mcx file

Re: Create containment boundry around 1 of 2 pockets

Hi.. The way you did it is one way of doing it.. Either way you would of had to create line. Your containment has to be on the same plane. The way I do it. I take the solid. then I create wireframe in a new level. This allows you to pick lines easier if picking solids does not work for the aplication.. The part you are working on is a busy part. So i may even create op levels for what I am working on per op. This way you can close all the other levels and concentrate on the op you are working on. Thats what I did to create the containment. I created wireframe. then selected the pocket contour lines and put it in another level. I had to trasnform the bottom rad on the right to the same zero as the rest. this kept everything on one plane.. Hope that makes sense..