585,975 active members*
4,806 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Control Software > CorelDRAW 12 w/ Engraving Manager plug-in, K40 -- output not to scale

CorelDRAW 12 w/ Engraving Manager plug-in, K40 -- output not to scale

I have a K40 from China. Software CD included CorelDRAW 12, CorelLASER 2013.02, and LaserDRW 2013.02. I am not sure of proper teminology even, so correct me if I say this wrong:

I've searched / read all the posts / search results I can find, and thanks to all, I finally have the machine working, kind of. From LaserDRAW, the machine will cut to proper scale - however there aren't any real drawing tools there, no any way for multiple actions ( cut and engrave, etc ). The file open options are scant, .wmf and .emf only vector formats supported, so quickly gave up on this as an authoring tool.

The CorelLaser shortcut that installs starts a copy of CorelDRAW 12 with an added toolbar for direct output to the laser. I hear some refer to this as a LaserDRAW pluggin, it's own dialog titles display "CorelDRAW 12 Engraving Manager". In any case, doing geometry in CorelDRAW and sending direct to laser works fine in all respects, except the output is scaled roughly 40%, and I cannot find a setting or method to fix. The X & Y do not appear to be off same, X about 41% and Y 38-39%, or I'd just scale the geometry accordingly. Any one work thru this ?

Thanks, Herb

Scaling issue solved

Hello - changing the "resolution" to 1000dpi fixed my scaling issue.
    Hope this helps somebody else. Makes no sense to me.
    Herb

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150407-Resolution-fixes-scaling-001.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	275821