584,833 active members*
5,627 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

COORDINATE TO LENGTH (CNC)

Hi All ,

I am a newby and wanna ask a simple question.

In cnc milling machine, how can i use it manually by hand ?
    In other words, there is mach3 screen and there is coordinate values on it. And For example, i want to drill 5 holes in a line and each holes are 20 mm apart from each other.
    So, How can i interpret those coordinate values into mm or inch ? So i can manage to move to table by hand and can drill the holes ?
    What are the possible ways to manage this ?

Hoping for your appreciation about my poor question.

Thnx.
    Elbruz.

Re: COORDINATE TO LENGTH (CNC)

The coordinate values are already in either mm's or in's depending on what your using. So just increase value for the axis you want to move, and as long as the motors are tuned okay and the rapids are set, it will advance to the new coordinates.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Its ok. But, for example coordinates are as follow; x:100, y:50. And i drilled a hole. And i want to drill a second hole 20mm apart from first hole. So, if i move the x axis valuee to 120, does it mean that table moved 20mm apart? I think not. So, how can it be? Thanx. Elbruz.

That will give you 20mm on centres,,,IF you have the steps per unit length set up correctly in the motor config screens...and the accelleration and top speeds set appropriately so as to not miss steps

As long as you know how many steps of your motor will give you 1mm, and this is set correctly then the display in MACH3 will guide you.

I am confused. In fact could not manage to explain what i want. Shortly, in order words,basicly i want to use mach3 screen as dro. Yes i know, when it is powered on, steppers do not move and can not rotate the hand wheel of the table. And, when i power it off, then i can not read any value on the screen. So, i thought that what can be the easiest solution. For my poor exprience, i think like this ; I want to attach a Hand wheel encoder behind the steppers as a handwheel of the table (Yes i know, there is a solution called hand MPG,pentant etc.. But i want it to be mounted in each of handwheels of the table). And, when i turn the handwheel encoder ,table will move and i will watch the values on mach3 screen. So, it will be like a dro. And can the mill used as manually. So, what is your valuable ideas??? Or i am trying to hold my right ear with my left hand ... Again appreciating for my poorness...

Ah I am with you now..

"Turn the axis by hand and read position from the screen under MACH3.."

Short answer is no..

There is no physical feedback for axis position to mach3.
    The DRO actually represents the pulses sent out to the steppers and not what they have actually done..

To do what you want will need encoders and a separate display.

Yes i got it now Steamyrotter. Thnx.
    I had better buy a MPG. The easist way i think.
    And, by the way i found the following site. It seems to have very reasonable prices.
    But, not sure about their qualities. For example i want to use this ALL-IN one companent for my BF20L.
    Can it be trustable ? Price worthy ?
    And, there are plenty of MPGs.

Thnx.

CNC Integrated Intelligent 4 Axis 5A TB6600 Stepper Motor Driver 12V 24V 48V $126.07 Free Shipping @GoodLuckBuy.com
    http://www.goodluckbuy.com/electroni...full_list.html