585,949 active members*
4,381 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Citizen Cincom Evolution B16e

How do you set the tool geometry on this machine. Just the easy ones first,like Part-off,turning tools,drills.

Re: Citizen Cincom Evolution B16e

When you say "set tool geometry", what exactly do you mean by that?

Are you asking:
    How to touch off a stick tool?
    How to find the center line of a stick tool?
    How to set a drill / spot drill / boring bar / reamer ect in Z?
    How to find the G50 shift for a tool?
    What to enter in Tool Data menu?
    What to enter in the Prep menu?

Your question is rather ambiguous. Could you please provide a better explanation of what you need to know? Also, a little context would help, like "Im new to swiss" or "im experienced with swiss, but new to citizen" or something like that. For example, are you familiar with the Prep Page Core / Diam / Longitude, auto cutoff function, position point, MC data ect?
    CNC Product Manager / Training Consultant

I have been a Swiss auto setter for years,Tornos,Petermann,Bechler,etc,.. What I need to know is how do you set the tool geometry for the tools in say X,Z and Y. Just to begin with.This machine is fairly new to me but I am also a fully skilled CNC Turner. So any terminology that you use in any of your replies I can comprehend. Just keep it in layman's language.Peace.

Ok, so Citizen has 3 places where you can control where the machine thinks about the tool.

1. Prep
    2. Tool data
    3. Offset

In prep, the machine reads these numbers when it indexes to a new tool. When a citizen mahchine indexes to a new tool, it looks at the largest prep number, goes above that point, and indexes to a new tool. You should change the "Core" number to get the tool on center (y axis). Next, "Diameter" is generally set to 0 for turn tools, and 22.86mm for live tools (x axis). if you need more or less clearance for your live tools, add or subtract from this number. Longitude (z axis) is basically never used. Generally, you should have a number in PREP that allows clearance for the safe index of any tool. this can be a dummy (un-used) tool station, or a real tool station. Most likely it will be a real tool.

Next, in T-Data (tool data) generally the only information we enter into here is CRC and P, however, if your programs dont use G50 shifts, you could enter X and Z shifts here

Last, Offset is used for fine adjustment of the tool. This is straight forward like any offset page.

If your programs use G50 U or W's, generally your tool data numbers will be almost 0 (except for CRC and P). Also, regardless of if your programs use use G50's, you will enter Prep numbers. (generally, 0 or 22.86 on our machines). If your programs dont use G50's, you could have some number in prep between 11 and 19mm in Z and almost anything in X.

Let me know if that answered anything or makes sense.
    CNC Product Manager / Training Consultant

Thank you for your information. Its a start for me,which I really needed as I do not have my own personal manual about the setting up of tools on this Machine.