584,858 active members*
4,548 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Checking DC Bus voltage on MagneTek drive

Checking DC Bus voltage on MagneTek drive

I have a spindle drive on my 97 Haas VF-2 that may be bad, it's a Magnetek GPD 515. I have the manual and it says to check the bus voltage at display U1-07, but I can't seem to get to that display. I found U1-01 thru U1-06 but then it goes to some other place rather than U1-07. I need to check the voltage before sending out for repair.

Thanks is advance-----Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Re: Checking DC Bus voltage on MagneTek drive

Found the terminals on the drive unit. (4 and 5 from the left) Voltage is good, so off for repair.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

I sent my unit to Zaritron, LLC on Monday and had it back and installed on the machine by Thursday afternoon. Highly recommend Zaritron, LLC in Illinois.

Thanks---Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    I sent my unit to Zaritron, LLC on Monday and had it back and installed on the machine by Thursday afternoon. Highly recommend Zaritron, LLC in Illinois.

Thanks---Mike
    Thanks for the source. I assume this was to fix a 123 alarm? Issues during spindle accel or decel? Or something else?

Yes, it was 123 I believe. Spindle Drive Failure. Drive showed DC Buss Undervoltage. In the end, the spindle would not even try to turn, it would just alarm out. I check out is site more and he works on all drives and circuits it looks like.

Mike