585,975 active members*
4,714 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Buying from Jinan nice-cut

Hello!

After much emailing and talking i've come to the conclusion that Jinan Nice-cut offers the best deal on a machine that I want to buy.

If Gweike had the best deal I would deal with them but they are more expensive. We already have a G weike machine and are quite happy with it.

The only review of Jinan Nice-cut I can find is really good:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...80w-laser.html

I've emailed Bec Weir (the guy that wrote the review) but so far did not have a respond. So my question is, is there somebody with a Nice-Cut machine that could give some information about the quality etc.

Have a nice day!

Jacala

Re: Buying from Jinan nice-cut

I bought from Nice-Cut in August 2013.

It took me 3 months before I had my machine working. The Y axis did not work. The gantry was out of square in relation to the bed and various other minor issues. 10 months later I kept getting software errors which after much testing proved to be the dongle that had failed. I tried to work it out with NC but in the end I gave up.

Other people have bought them and had no issues but I think those people bought theres a few years ago now.

If you you are the type of person who has plenty of time to fault find and like to tinker than I would say go for it but it will be a roll of the dice.

Hello Cautious32, thanks for your fast replay!

I'm quite handy with CNC, i've got a Gweike 1313 router (workarea 1300x1300 mm) and have been emailing with a couple of company's (Gweike, Nice-cut and Quick)

Nice-cut answers my emails best and offers the best package. I'm quite fixated on the price and thats my trap so i want some feedback from other nice-cut buyers.

The price difference is almost 30% on a comparable Weike/Quick machine with the same parts (or comparable parts). So there could be 2 things going on:

1: Nice-cut is a smaller company (they are not that big, you can find a video of their factory and report on them on alibaba here: Company Overview - Jinan Nice-Cut Mechanical Equipment Co., Ltd. ) and want to grow by offering good machines for a low price while Gweike is already quite large and have a better name so they can charge more.

2: The second option is of course that I end up with a 30% cheaper machine that is much cheaper build and i've imported a big chunk of machine that is crap and will never function properly.

So, i'm hoping for a few reviews like the one Bec Weir wrote. Of course I appreciate your review of your not so good machine. Can you give me some more information about your machine? the gantry was out of square but how difficult was the fix? Was is just adjusting the timing belts? Possibly i'm not understanding the "out of square" that you mean.

If it is not to much to ask, could you make some photo's of the mechanical and electrical components and the work quality of them?

BTW: we install our own controller, the chinese stuff is not that good and I like eding CNC very much, clean look and easy install!

Dear Jacala,
    Glad to know our cnc router work well , same as our laser machine ,

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Jacala View Post
    Hello!

After much emailing and talking i've come to the conclusion that Jinan Nice-cut offers the best deal on a machine that I want to buy.

If Gweike had the best deal I would deal with them but they are more expensive. We already have a G weike machine and are quite happy with it.

The only review of Jinan Nice-cut I can find is really good:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...80w-laser.html

I've emailed Bec Weir (the guy that wrote the review) but so far did not have a respond. So my question is, is there somebody with a Nice-Cut machine that could give some information about the quality etc.

Have a nice day!

Jacala
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

hi Jacala

thanks very much for your feedback and great support.
    it seems you already used our machine and are quite happy with it,please believe yourself and Gweike.
    it seems with such high quality,it is good value for money.
    now the problem is pay more attention to quality or money?

Hmmmm. 30% more for what you already know or save 30% (how many days profit is that again?) for an unknown. It sounds like you have a real business with obligations and deadlines etc. If you have an actual need why would you take more risks than you have to over 30%? If 30% is a years profits then you have no need for a second laser IMHO. I'm just articulating some thoughts the way I would think but I'm not you so you may have other reasons. My ideas are based on the few lines you wrote. I am NOT endorsing any product. I have no experience with either company. I usually am willing to pay more for a known than an unknown but other factors can figure in. In the case of a hobby machine that I am comfortable dealing with AND if the expense is double or triple AND if even the more expensive machines suffer from the same complaints and problems AND if the more expensive machines look like the same components then NO I will buy the bottom price unit and deal with it. No whining and no complaining, just deal with it myself. Apparently you wanted some ideas, there's mine. Good luck!

By the way has anyone else noticed how these companies don't usually talk about or show detailed pictures of the important mechanisms of these machines? ;-) Pretty smart marketing really but how do you know you are getting exactly the same quality in each machine delivered even with the same model number? You work a deal over the internet and you get inferior mirrors etc because you paid less? Not accusin, just sayin, with no actual references to proper part numbers, pictures etc. how do you know you have worked an apples to apples deal? But (as a hobbyist) if you buy the "bottom" you know you are getting crap and then you can replace with Light Object parts and known good? parts.

Now GWeike is present on here and transparent it appears so maybe they have to meet a higher standard??

Wait a minute! What exactly is going on?

Post #4 appears to be from G.Weike. email [email protected]
    Now post #5 is "Jinan" G.Weike Science & Technology Co.,Ltd. [email protected]

Now are these the "two" different companies were talking about?

Is Jinan a common name or are these the same company?

I love a good mystery!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacala View Post
    Hello Cautious32, thanks for your fast replay!

Nice-cut answers my emails best and offers the best package. I'm quite fixated on the price and thats my trap so i want some feedback from other nice-cut buyers.

If it is not to much to ask, could you make some photo's of the mechanical and electrical components and the work quality of them?

BTW: we install our own controller, the chinese stuff is not that good and I like eding CNC very much, clean look and easy install!
    My experience was that NC answered emails quickly up until the money was paid, after that very slow to respond. Be sure to use escrow no matter who you go with.

Can't post any photos ATM as we have recently moved and the laser is under wraps.

The gantry was out of square relative to the Y axis rails. Once discovered it is easy to fix by adjusting some bolts and the drive belts, test and repeat until square.

The original controller was a Leetro 6525 with Leadshine drivers which seems to be a common spec. I replaced the Leetro with an AWC 608 when the dongle failed. I don't know what stepper motors I have but I need to replace one of the Z axis motors which failed several months ago. Also, most of the bolts were loose with quite a few rolling around the bottom of the laser after having fallen out on the trip here so if you buy from NC make sure to check all connections. When I ordered mine, I upgraded the mirrors and lens and ordered extra belts, lens and mirrors.

Hello Buddydog and Cautious

Jinan is the CNC city, capitol of the world of cheap cnc machines!

There are hundreds of companys called jinan XX cnc machinery

Jinan Gweike and Jinan Nicecut are the two i'm thinking of buying from.

The problem is quite simple, the weike also had lose screws and the DSP was worthless, Sometimes it finished Gcode and sometimes it didn't (same piece of code but running it again a day later). Also the z tool height device (piece of aluminium that you place between the tool and top of material) did not work, even after new wiring it didn't function. There solution was: do not use it again and set height manually form now on.

Lose screws? Especialy the electronic cabinet was full of lose screws and lose wiring, so bad that half way during a job 1 stepper-motor driver quit due to lose wiring. So what are you buying? A half finished machine that needs attention to work properly. After that it works fine for me and the price is good. buy the machine ready for Mach 3, then the controller is probably fine

The quality is a turkey shoot, is my router from Gweike a lemon or one of the best they delivered this year? No idea

Thats why I have no idea what to do and think something different every day and in the end it probably doesn't matter a bit

When someone wants to see my comparison and pricing from the companys pm me than I wil send you the documents!

Hello!

2 weeks ago we chose for Jinan Nice-Cut and the big question was: will they keep contact after the first payment? Untill this moment contact has been great. A update here and there and some more questions to make the machine to my likings.

Yesterday they emailed me to ask information about the shipping agent and they will finish the machine in a couple of days.

Then the long journey to the Netherlands will begin and a new machine will be added to our growing company.

When the pictures arrive i'll come back with a update.

Hello!

The machine arrived and is big, reaaaaally big.

I worked on it for a few days:
    Cleaning the vacuum table system and tubing
    installing Eding CNC controller
    fixing a air leak
    checking every nut and bolt etc.

So we got what we expected: a big and heavy cnc router with some work to make it to my liking.

The vacuum system is (after I removed all the leaks) surprisingly good. The vacuum strong enough for small parts.

So: Would i buy from jinan nice-cut again: YES

Is their quality perfect? NO, you get what you pay for and we got a lot for what we payed. So if you are capable you can get it running in a few days.

We are happy and made back 10 percent of the machine in the first 2 days of work. That is amazing.

Questions? Email me.

Good report and good luck with your new machine!