584,863 active members*
4,838 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport Interact 412 Axis Drive Not Enabling Heidenhain 151 controller

Bridgeport Interact 412 Axis Drive Not Enabling Heidenhain 151 controller

Hi ,

I turned this machine on this morning and smelled something funny now my controller comes on but as soon as i hit the power enable button to reference the limits it trips a breaker (C4) in the back cabinet and the drives do not get turned on.
    I changed the PSU , Changed all Axis drive cards including the power supply board. Checked the fuse in the control. I am not sure what to try next.

Any help is greatly Appreciated

Thank You
    Ray

Re: Bridgeport Interact 412 Axis Drive Not Enabling Heidenhain 151 controller

When you found the error and need Parts i might be able to help we retrofitted an Bridgeport 412 Complete we now have all electronics to sell just in case

gotta check the wiring diagram and see everything that is connected to that breaker. If you have replaced everything then try replacing the breaker.

I found the problem last night it was the Benedikt & Jager Contactor that enables the drives.

I have exactly the same issue. Where was the contactor than enables the drives. Was is labeled? My machine doesn't have a contactor that looks like that?? Thank you. Tom Keyes

The Contactor is located in the back cabinet next to the circuit breakers ( to the right " ) it says " Benedikt & Jager K2-23A10 " on it.
    Here is where you can get a replacement.

K2-23A10230 by IMO - Buy or Repair at PLCCenter - PLCCenter.com

Good Luck
    Please let me know how you made out.

Thanks. I found it. Took it apart and found the housing had melted a little and was keeping it from engaging. I put it back in but still won't go.

Thanks, I'll have to order one.

Quote Originally Posted by RMARCH View Post
    The Contactor is located in the back cabinet next to the circuit breakers ( to the right " ) it says " Benedikt & Jager K2-23A10 " on it.
    Here is where you can get a replacement.

K2-23A10230 by IMO - Buy or Repair at PLCCenter - PLCCenter.com

Good Luck
    Please let me know how you made out.

Is there a way to mechanically actuate it for this weekend? I tried holding in the engaged position, but it didn't seem to affect anything. I assume these are just power activated switches? True?

Is there a way to mechanically actuate it for this weekend? I tried holding in the engaged position, but it didn't seem to affect anything. I assume these are just power activated switches? True?