585,779 active members*
4,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport EZPLUS Servo Motor

I have a 2004 model Series I Bridgeport Knee Mill with the factory EZPLUS CNC system installed.

Last Friday I walked away from the machine after a job was complete and forgot to hit the emergency stop to shut off power to the servo motors. I came back about an hour later and could smell electrical burning. The Y-axis was no longer responsive to commands and I was getting a Y-DAC Overflow error.

I swapped the motors for X and Y and the problem followed the motor, so I have determined that I need a servo motor replacement for the Y-Axis. The problem is finding one.

Does anyone know somewhere that might carry replacement servo motors? The specific motor is a Cleveland Motion Controls (CMC) MTE4225-157G2F with the customer part number listed as 11598888, so I would assume that is the bridgeport/hardinge number. Searching around google has not yielded me any sources.

Thanks for all the help

Re: Bridgeport EZPLUS Servo Motor

EMI-inc.net usually has them.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: Bridgeport EZPLUS Servo Motor

This bothers me. It should still have not smoked the motor. Did it lose the position loop and hit end of travel?
    Did you ever notice that motor getting hot? Make sure you check tuning when you replace the motor.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)