584,850 active members*
4,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD v26 Overlap Impeding Fillet
Page 1 of 2 12

BobCAD v26 Overlap Impeding Fillet

Hello everyone,

EnAndTropy here, and I am 14 and new to BobCAD-CAM. Of course, with me being new to the software, I have come across a few problems when designing parts. So far I have been able to figure them out, but this time I'm rather stumped. Any help would be very appreciated .

I am currently making a part that has four holes that require a fillet of sorts, but I am unable to do it as an overlap of another piece of the entity won't allow me to "Solid Fillet." I tried to just create a cylinder, place it directly in the hole, "Solids -> Add", and then did "Solids -> Subtract." After I confirmed the subtraction however, it then cuts into the geometry of the part that is overlapping instead of just reshaping it.

I am using BobCAD-CAM V26.

I also tried to upload picture files of my problem, but received a HTTP error. Any input on why I couldn't upload them would be appreciated as well. Thank you in advance!

Ok guys, here is a link to my OneDrive on my email. You should be able to view it through this link: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2czip

- EnAndTropy

Re: BobCAD v26 Overlap Impeding Fillet

Hi, EnAndTropy.

To really be of any help, we'll need to have a look at your .bbcd file. In order to upload it, you'll need to zip it. (The forum only accepts certain file extensions). The easiest way to do that is to save the file in BobCAD, then go into Windows, right click on the .bbcd file, click <Send To>, then [Compressed (zipped) Folder. Once you've done that, fire up a browser, and come back here to the forum, and when you have the posting edit box open, click on [Go Advanced], which gives you lots more options than the basic edit box. From there, down below the edit window, click the <Upload Manager>, upload your zipped .bbcd file, and add it to your post.

With that file in hand, we can see exactly what you're seeing, along with all of the geometry, and someone will then be able to help you get things straightened out. Not sure what caused the error with your images before, but you can also upload images that way, and it should work.

Cheers!

Luke
    "All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

Be sure your image dimensions are 1025 pixals or less in either direction. But also as trot mentions a bbcd file will be better help...

Ok guys, for some reason I am unable to do any uploading of any kind. The exact wording of the error I receive is:

The website cannot display the page
    Most likely causes: The website is under maintenance.
    The website has a programming error.

Has anyone else received this error? If not, I'll take a look and see if any thing on my end is the problem (firewall, etc.)

-EnAndTropy

Could be a glitch. Try a different browser

BurrMan, I don't have any other browser other than Internet Explorer. Like I said before, I'll go check and see if there are any problems on my end. If there aren't....hmm.

Getting another browser is pretty easy. Just search for "get chrome" or "get firefox". They install in minutes. Having said that, I don't know of any particular reason why IE wouldn't work just as well. The forum is acting normally. I've uploaded things since this thread has been going. Not really sure where to start checking things on your end.

Luke

Trotline, my family doesn't really use Chrome of Firefox. I'm going to instead try and upload from a different computer. Hope this works!

Well, this is a little weird. It still won't allow me to upload even from a different computer. I've checked most everything out I can think of on my end. Any more ideas other than getting another browser?

Well, in a pinch, if you have a dropbox account, you could upload the file there, set it public, and just post a link to it here. Some other cloud storage sites may also allow that, but I don't know which ones do. That would also work for images. You can upload to an image hosting site, and just link to the photo here.

Luke

TEST
    Here is a picture uploaded with Internet Explorer,,,Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails goat.JPG   goat.JPG  

must be a system glitch, object appeared as a white goat

Here guys, I posted it to my OneDrive on my email, so the .bbcd should be there in a .zip folder called "BobCADOverlapImpediment". Hope this works...
    Here's the link: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2czip

Hope this isn't a double post, but for some reason my post didn't appear after I clicked submit. If it is, sorry.
    Anyway, here is a link to my OneDrive account connected to my email. You should be able to see a file called "BobCADOverlapImpediment".
    Here's the link: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2czip
    Thanks again guys!

My Goat disappeared,,, Houston,there are problems

ok,I got your file,what is it we are trying to do ?

Yeah, something's gone freaky. I'm not seeing that image in the thread, nor the last post or two from jrmach. I see them in the front-page "latest posts" lineup, but not in the actual thread. The image I can see using the thread tools, but again, not in the thread. Did it upload as per usual, jrmach?

Luke

My "Goat" uploaded as same as always.But when I came back,it is gone.
    I do have the OP file now,his linked worked fine.

Yeah, After beating my monitor with a stick a few times, I get all the posts, and also have the OP's file. So it looks like he's wanting to fillet or chamfer the bolt holes. Do they need to be done on both ends of the holes, or just one? Also, what radius or angle was desired for them?

Luke

Is this what you're trying to do?

Page 1 of 2 12