585,975 active members*
4,714 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD v25 Web Page Error - What's the cause?
Page 1 of 2 12

BobCAD v25 Web Page Error - What's the cause?

I've been experiencing this problem from the VERY FIRST DAY I installed BobCAD v25 build 996 on my WinXP computer. I was just so disgusted I never contacted BobCAD to get it resolved. I've been wrestling with v23 and once I figured out how to make it work for me I just fell back on it and forgot about v25. Anyway, on to the problem.

When I start BobCAD v25 it opens up with the splash screen and all that. And, just when you think it's finished initializing a dialog box pops up entitled "Server Busy" with two buttons to choose either "Switch To..." or "Retry". Clicking "Switch To..." is the same as clicking the windoze Start button. Clicking "Retry" is an endless loop. If you don't minimize the BobCAD window in a hurry - before the "Server Busy" dialog box appears the computer is high jacked for SEVERAL MINUTES, i.e. you cannot do anything until another dialog box appears entitled "Web Page Error" with the question "Do you want to debug this web page?"

I suspect a registry problem, but have no clue where to start looking. Have you experienced this? If so, how did you fix it?

Turn off the "bobcad live" toolbar. Under prefs.

Also, on xp your ie will be old. You may want to tick local help instead of online help. I dont know how the old ie will interact with the webhelp.

Re: BobCAD v25 Web Page Error - What's the cause?

Thanks for your reply Burrman. And, I should apologize. In my haste I forgot to add that I've turned off BobCAD live as well as online help. I don't know which IE revision I have installed as I normally use Chrome. I will check for an update.

This particular "Server Busy" error is not actually anything to do with the internet, it's a poorly labeled Windows error and usually comes up when an app uses WBEM or WMI (Windows Management Interface) and they don't respond in time.

It could still be caused by BCC Live anyway. I block that with my AV software unless I need it for some reason.

This tool might help-- https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../ff404265.aspx

I would doubt that BobCad is using wmi scripting. I don't think it's any type of com server error. I think it "IS" web related. (Could be licensing stuff, could be the help stuff still looking etc...)

What you could try is to turn off the "use ie built-in script debugging"... Also, there is a tick to "not remind me of this again".... So wait for that error dialogue, then choose those settings....

If you go to control panel and select internet options, then advanced, look in the "browsing category" and be sure that "Disable script debugging (internet explorer)" and also "other" just below it are selected...

Basically, you seem to have somehow "requested" to be notified of such things, and asked if you want to debug them... This can happen if you install various softwares that do that type of stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I would doubt that BobCad is using wmi scripting. I don't think it's any type of com server error. I think it "IS" web related. (Could be licensing stuff, could be the help stuff still looking etc...)

What you could try is to turn off the "use ie built-in script debugging"... Also, there is a tick to "not remind me of this again".... So wait for that error dialogue, then choose those settings....

If you go to control panel and select internet options, then advanced, look in the "browsing category" and be sure that "Disable script debugging (internet explorer)" and also "other" just below it are selected...

Basically, you seem to have somehow "requested" to be notified of such things, and asked if you want to debug them... This can happen if you install various softwares that do that type of stuff....
    Well, I un-checked "Disable script debugging (internet explorer)" and the one below it was already unchecked. Still no joy.

When the error dialog pops up and you select "Do not show this message again" the "Yes" button goes away as well as the option "Use the built in script debugger in Internet Explorer." Clicking :"No" will make the Error dialog box disappear, however. Now when I start BobCAD I don't ge teh Error dialog, I only get the "Switch to..." and "Retry" box along with the usual loops and time delay.

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    This particular "Server Busy" error is not actually anything to do with the internet, it's a poorly labeled Windows error and usually comes up when an app uses WBEM or WMI (Windows Management Interface) and they don't respond in time.

It could still be caused by BCC Live anyway. I block that with my AV software unless I need it for some reason.

This tool might help-- https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../ff404265.aspx
    Shred, thanks for your input. I haven't read all of the article yet, but it's still on my plate. I will work thru your suggestion and let you know what happens.

I have many many years of Windows programming experience and dealing with this stupid error dialog.

WMI gets used for a lot of things that don't seem obvious at first, some of which have little do with what its officially for and a lot buried in the various Microsoft libraries. My guess in this case is that the BCC license engine might be looking at the hardware configuration to determine if the SW has been moved to another PC without its approval, or perhaps it's interviewing the video card to see what features it does or does not support.

Quote Originally Posted by WCIS View Post
    Well, I un-checked "Disable script debugging (internet explorer)" and the one below it was already unchecked. Still no joy.

When the error dialog pops up and you select "Do not show this message again" the "Yes" button goes away as well as the option "Use the built in script debugger in Internet Explorer." Clicking :"No" will make the Error dialog box disappear, however. Now when I start BobCAD I don't ge teh Error dialog, I only get the "Switch to..." and "Retry" box along with the usual loops and time delay.
    you want those things "checked". Basically looking to disable any debugger....

i also see there is an original "second" error... whats the xp version you are running?

If it`s of any use/interest to anyone here are a couple of the scripting errors I get from BobCAD "Live" in V26 on my very old XP Pro PC

Attachment 267248Attachment 267250

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    I have many many years of Windows programming experience and dealing with this stupid error dialog.

WMI gets used for a lot of things that don't seem obvious at first, some of which have little do with what its officially for and a lot buried in the various Microsoft libraries. My guess in this case is that the BCC license engine might be looking at the hardware configuration to determine if the SW has been moved to another PC without its approval, or perhaps it's interviewing the video card to see what features it does or does not support.
    The second part of the error (busy switch to) is going to be a process/resource error where either 2 processes are polling the same resource and the hardware is not supporting responding to both, or an inter process poll and a timeout is occurring....

I have some ideas about it if the OP wants to give a few try's with things. It will take a bit of back and forth to accomplish it here in the forum....

Another thing to mention is to open BCC via the start menu or desktop icon, not by clicking on a part file as that throws an extra set of OLE in the mix and frequently errors out on several machines I've seen.

The second part of the error (busy switch to) is going to be a process/resource error where either 2 processes are polling the same resource and the hardware is not supporting responding to both, or an inter process poll and a timeout is occurring....

I have some ideas about it if the OP wants to give a few try's with things. It will take a bit of back and forth to accomplish it here in the forum....
    BurrMan, just to clarify (for my sake at least) the 'busy/switch to' shows up first and clicking anything is a continuous loop until a timer expires.

If you're willing to go back and fourth I'm willing to try any suggestions you may have. I'm certainly not getting any help from BobCAD on this issue.

BTW - I'm running this on WinXP SP3 with all the updates MS has issued prior to ending support for the OS.

I mis-read what you wrote about disabling the debugger, so I went back to select those and found the first one you mentioned was already checked. So, this must be a temporary setting that reverts back after re-boot. I also selected the other.

Things have changed (somewhat for the better) upon starting BobCAD with those script debug settings I get a new dialog box almost immediately entitled "Internet Explorer Script Error" and a URL is listed as: http://bobcad.com/live/? ID=xxxxxx&lic=xxxxx&ver=25&build=996&lang=en

So, it looks like it may have something to do with licensing. (maybe?) Then there's the question "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? y/n" So I selected no and BobCAD was quickly available.

Things have changed (somewhat for the better) upon starting BobCAD with those script debug settings I get a new dialog box almost immediately entitled "Internet Explorer Script Error" and a URL is listed as: http://bobcad.com/live/? &ver=25&build=996&lang=en
    Then there's the question "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? y/n" So I selected no and BobCAD was quickly available.
    So the "first" switch to error is gone? That is good news as that's the one that will make working painful...

I mis-read what you wrote about disabling the debugger, so I went back to select those and found the first one you mentioned was already checked. So, this must be a temporary setting that reverts back after re-boot. I also selected the other.
    The second error is more innocuous/mundane and just an annoyance. There may be less hope with it, but still a couple try's.

In the internet options-advanced tab- browsing section where those 2 checks you made are, look for one more a bit below it titled "Display a notification about every script error"...... Read it carefully and be sure it is "OFF".... (The tick can be either/or depending. Some is check it to turn it off and some is check it to turn it on....

See if that removes the dialogue.

WCIS,
    I sent you a PM slightly unrelated to the topic.... Just a heads up.

Yeah, BurrMan, the Switch to/retry is gone now. MUCH easier to live with. Thanks! :cheers:

The "Display a notification about every script error" is in fact de-selected. And, was so prior to the new dialog box showing up.

:

The "Display a notification about every script error" is in fact de-selected. And, was so prior to the new dialog box showing up.
    Just be sure there is no "off" in parenthesis at the end of that setting, then we may try one or 2 more.

No, sir, No (OFF). This is how it's written - verbatim: "Display a notification about every script error"

No, sir, No (OFF). This is how it's written - verbatim: "Display a notification about every script error"
    So one more prelim test. Try launch ie and leave it running minimized and see if error appears.

So one more prelim test. Try launch ie and leave it running minimized and see if error appears.
    Yep, error persists.

Page 1 of 2 12