585,778 active members*
4,302 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Bobcad V24

Bobcad V24

I have Bobcad version 24 called and got a quote one 3 axis mill and lathe, and i am not a programmer, but that sales guy has called me every day for the past month and 5 times most days. they sure know how to run off customers.

Re: Bobcad V24

What do you want the Forum to do for you ?
    (5 times a day for 30 days,,,150 calls :bs
    Reading your prior posts on the Zone,it appears you joined to get free advertising to sell things of yours.Is the owner of this site aware your tactics ??
    BTW,why you wanna quote on 3axis mill,when it is clear you are running a product line with 4axis Haas ??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by rbooth View Post
    I have Bobcad version 24 called and got a quote one 3 axis mill and lathe, and i am not a programmer, but that sales guy has called me every day for the past month and 5 times most days. they sure know how to run off customers.
    That really has not been Bobcad's M.O. for a while now. Five years ago, it wouldn't surprise me to hear this, but these days I'd say it sounds highly unusual for them. Sorry to say, but it really just doesn't sound likely.

That said, I think it would be foolish to remove Bobcad from future consideration over this. The software is just too good of a value and becoming too good of a product. If it were me, I'd have called for a supervisor the first day there was more than one call (assuming I already said I'd made a decision). I'm pretty sure that the issue would have been corrected, and you would have done the next guy a service as well if what you say is true. For what it's worth, I go back to V24 to help guys out here who are still using it and it's almost painful to use compared to V27. If you do any significant amount of programming as a business, I'd recommend getting over whatever your issue with this sales guy is and focus on what matters, productivity. If you don't do a whole lot of programming, V24 is probably plenty good, otherwise V27 is that much better that I'd recommend giving it a serious thought.

Rbooth,

If you are having a problem with the sales team I would like to help. Please call me at 866-408-3226 X147. I will promptly sort out any issues that may be occurring.
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Quote Originally Posted by aldepoalo View Post
    Rbooth,

If you are having a problem with the sales team I would like to help. Please call me at 866-408-3226 X147. I will promptly sort out any issues that may be occurring.
    And the truth surfaces.....

That's not my experience. My sales guy calls every couple months, he knows what I am interested in and what I am doing and suggests things on sale/new products that I might be interested in. When I say no, he doesn't call back, when I say I'm interested but cannot afford it he asks when would be a good time.

He is East Coast and I am West Coast so he might be a little more pushy than us laid back guys, but I have no issues with that.

I have to say the same, several years ago they could be a PITA but in the last two they have become more 'mainstream', fewer 'special deals' (I kind of miss some of them) and no harassment from the sales team. I've found if you let them know that you can't or won't be buying anything for a few month or whatever, let them know and they will wait until you are ready for another call.