585,982 active members*
4,564 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > Batteries Replacement HT20 with Fanuc 10Te-F

Batteries Replacement HT20 with Fanuc 10Te-F

Hi All,
    I have acquired a HT20 South Carolina built HT20 I must move very soon. It has been in a tool room infrequently used. I don't get documentation with it so making sure I don't lose memory, parameters etc is imperative. The control fires up fine now.

Problem is I will have to store it in a warehouse for about 9 months before I can move it in, so I think I absolutely must replace ALL of the backup batteries in the control before moving it so as not to risk losing anything.

I found the big d-cell, pack easy enough to replace with the machine on. But from I can get from the web there may be batteries on each servo drive, on the motherboard and who knows where else.

Can anyone tell me where the various batteries are located on this Fanuc 10Te-F? Can they also be changed with the power on at no risk of data loss? Sorry for the dumb questions on such an old piece but I am very new to this, it is my first CNC lathe and first Fanuc.

TIA,
    Bill

Re: Batteries Replacement HT20 with Fanuc 10Te-F

On Fanuc batteries are changed with power on, to avoid mem loss. Usually D cells in the door or close to the Main board.
    Also back up all parameters etc including the 9000 options.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

A 10 should just have the D cells for memory as Al said, most if not all were incremental encoders back then so usually no batteries on the servo drives.

Al,
    There is zero, zip nada documentation with this machine. Can you tell me how to get to the parameters pages to copy them down? And how to find the "9000" series parameters? The machine is in good working order right now, I will just scroll down page by page and photograph the parameters pages. I can transcribe them later should I need to.

There may be an easier way involving some sort of download but my access to the machine is limited and I have no rs232 tools with which to download or backup the parameters. Not to mention my obviously limited knowledge...

Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You really need to get a maintenance manual from somewhere unfortunately AFAIK Fanuc did not publish it in PDF only from 15 on.
    Al.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.