584,841 active members*
4,467 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Basics

Basics

Hi! I understand my questions will be really basic, but I have started using the software really not long time ago!

1) What do I do in order to add some tools to the Hypermill data base? I need to use some special tools; for istance: a ballnose cutter and a profile reamer (2D cycles).
    2) Where can I find a Hypermill manual or any kind of guide that could help me? I have to do some drilling operations and I am having a problem: in simple drilling I do not manage to select the hole center when using point selection unless I draw it; when I use line selection, instead, the tool would follow the line instead of starting to drill at the center of the circumference. So how should I do it?
    3) When I open Hyperview, the stock model (in grey) is shifted from the final component (in red), so when the simulation starts the tool cuts something else. After trying to change the origin from Hypermill (in Solidworks) many times unsuccessfully, the only way I found to partially solve the problem was to change the X,Y and Z offsets manually, but it is not precise. How do I fix this problem?

I apologise for the questions being so basic, but I am really stuck!

Thanks!

I have the manual if you want it. Its for Hypermil 2013 though. Also If you want to select a hole, You can make a Boundary around that hole and then make a procedure to drill the hole. Under "Contour Selection" make sure you click "points" and then select "snap points" on the menu that pops up, and then click the hole you want to drill.

Defining a tool
    After you have created a new database and the necessary folders, you can begin to define a new tool.

Defining a new tool
    To define a new tool:

* Switch to the Tools tab, right-click the previously created database entry and select New.

* Select the desired tool type from the list.

* Assign a unique name to the tool type in the data view. A comment can later make it easier for you to select the correct tool. Enter any other required parameters.

If you define a non-permitted value for a parameter, the corresponding line in the data view is marked in red.

The newly created tool appears as an entry in the database browser. Geometry and technology data is displayed in the data view of the overview window.

You can also save a tool as a default. All the geometry and technology parameters are saved and used if you define this tool type again.

To save a tool as default, select the tool in the database browser and select Save As Default in the context menu.

The following sections list all tool types available in the tool database.

Hope this helps.

Hello, I would very much appreciate if you could share the Hypermill 2013 manual. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I would like to have Hypermill manual...Please advice asp.

Thank you

Prabha

[email protected]