584,817 active members*
4,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > anyone running a Centurion 6 controller on Milltronics Partner 16 VMC?

anyone running a Centurion 6 controller on Milltronics Partner 16 VMC?

I have a VM16 with Centurion 6 control that is no longer executing tool changes, as it stands all the hardware associated with the tool changer, drawbar, lock out mechanism and its air cylinder have been verified as operational, so I am positive its a software issue.
    I am hoping to compare notes with someone on the power settings to see if changes made on our end (under advice from Milltronics support) were erroneous. The changes have resulted in the mill no longer executing M19 commands and failing to home the tool drum when running an M20 (it will just continuously spin, even though the sensor will see the stop point and send a signal).
    The folks at Milltronics have been great, but I am feeling really bad about bothering them anymore.
    As a side note, the IT company I hired to set up the mill to our network managed to wipe the restore files off my restore floppy.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: anyone running a Centurion 6 controller on Milltronics Partner 16 VMC?

It sounds as though your NCB files are corrupted or missing. Contact Milltronics service once again to request a copy of the original parameter files. Make a couple of copies so your IT people can't lose them for you again. Load the parameter files, cycle the power, and try the orient, tool change, etc., and report back.