4,528 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone got a machine for sale?

Anyone got a machine for sale?

Re: Anyone got a machine for sale?

Join the club.....

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/tormac...es-3-sale.html

Been on the hunt for awhile. Getting ready to bite the bullet and buy new.
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

Where are you located? That may help narrow the search.

Anywhere will do. I can get it shipped

This one is in New Jersey, looks pretty nice. Tormach PCNC 1100 Series 3 CNC Milling machine mill

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by 05kevin View Post
    This one is in New Jersey, looks pretty nice. Tormach PCNC 1100 Series 3 CNC Milling machine mill

Kevin
    Erik sold this machine within hours of putting up on Ebay! I'll have to say one thing about Tormach, they hold resale value for damn sure.
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    Erik sold this machine within hours of putting up on Ebay! I'll have to say one thing about Tormach, they hold resale value for damn sure.

Yeah, as Andrew mentioned, that one is sold. I will keep the ad up on CL until the buyer picks it up, but it did sell very, very quickly.

I do. About to post details in a new thread in this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Anywhere will do. I can get it shipped
    Not all sellers are willing to deal with shipping on their end, so it might still be a good idea to mention at least the approximate location.

I recently sold a medium-sized tool that required crating and freight shipping and would not do so again without a healthy S&H fee.

Mike

I'm thinking of selling mine. I have a 2013 1100 with tool changer and PDB. I have an 80/20 and polycarb enclosure built as well. 6" 4th axis. I'm moving my shop the first of the year and need to a bigger mill anyway. I'm thinking of going with a VF1. I'm in Indianapolis.

Msg sent

For the little savings if you're looking at a Series II or Series III, I would spend a little extra and get a new one.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

If anyone is looking still, i have a 1yr +/- year old Series 3 for sale with TTS (with a small collection of tool holders), Power Drawbar, and 5" GMT or Tormach vises available with it... Located in Western NC. Thanks!

After looking at what other machines with better paint jobs have sold for on eBay and around here in the past, i'm going to revise my sale price to $10,500obo in order to maybe get a faster sale...

Here are the pics of the machine, with pics/description of a couple of small problems.

Disregard the chips everywhere on the floor... chip management is a PITA with these things... haha! And i use the fly cutter a lot, and it loves to throw chips everywhere...

Here are the only two problems with the machine...

The first is not a big deal in my opinion, since i use a centered vise on it... but at one point a fixture fell after being loosened, and fell on the table making this little dent. I had totally forgotten about it until i started cleaning the machine out to take pics... for some reason in my head i thought this was on my other machine... But again, it isn't a huge dent, and could easily be filed flush, and would never impact the accuracy of a job.

The next problem is one that popped up a couple weeks ago with the machine... i'm not sure why Tormach uses these cheap flexible conduits for their wiring, but they do, and any machine that is actually used (i.e. not stored in someones garage and used once per month) will show this wear... my other machine had it as well (its a year older) and had to be replaced.