585,982 active members*
4,736 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > CNC Plasma / Oxy Fuel Cutting Machines > Any one had any experence with Oxy-Gasoline cutting ?

Any one had any experence with Oxy-Gasoline cutting ?

Been looking for a cheap way to cut prototype and short run motor laminates when I ran across Oxy-Gasoline cutting , It pounds perfect BUT the first thing you here about a process is usally the best .thing you hear about it , Having said that I am intrested to hear from any one who has actual experence with the process .

Re: Any one had any experence with Oxy-Gasoline cutting ?

Petrogen is what it is referred to in the industry. It had some early adopters but it faded as a machine ran system. The reason was the way you needed to pressurize the gasoline mixture to keep it atomizing. Too much PSI and it becomes unstable. Most of the hand held systems I have seen had a simple hand pump for pressure but ran out of pressure quickly. Maybe not quick by hand cutting but quick enough to make it unfeasible to attach to a machine. I don't know of ANY mfg that would set one out on the market for automated cutting.
    Now featuring Plasmaland online

There are CNC oxy- Gasoline machines being sold perhaps not in the US , I dont know , but thay are being sold.

Gasoline while not a specific chemical cannot become "unstable" as it does not poses any significant strain energy