586,022 active members*
3,743 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCad Post Processors > Any guides/manuals/instructions for creating a post from scratch?

Question Any guides/manuals/instructions for creating a post from scratch?

I'm pretty experienced with coding in general and I'm working as a CNC programmer right now. All I know about our post right now is that I press a button and it makes a code, but I want to be able to really customize it. Is there any kind of reference on how to do this for newbies? Google has found me some training classes from Austin NC or ICAM, but those are very expensive. I feel that I'm capable of learning this on my own, I just don't know where to start.

Re: Any guides/manuals/instructions for creating a post from scratch?

Have you looked in this folder on your computer,
    C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V27\Posts\Documentation
    There are PDFs there that give some info. Also have you opened any of the posts in notepad. Make a copy of one of the posts and experiment then come back and ask some questions.

Mark.

Re: Any guides/manuals/instructions for creating a post from scratch?

You might want to check out CAM-POST Foundation from ICAM. It is a post-development tool that is great for learning how to develop and customize your own posts. There are video tutorials to help you learn how to use the software, a comprehensive user guide, and a bunch of template posts to work off of (or you can start from scratch). You get a 30 day free trial and afterwards you have the option to continue on a subscription (which works out to $49.95 per month). You can easily get started by downloading Foundation online (ICAM Technologies- Advanced NC Post-processing, CNC Machine Simulation, G code simulation verification software). Hope this helps.

Eric