585,775 active members*
4,250 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Acramatic A2100 Hand Pendant

Acramatic A2100 Hand Pendant

Hey guys
    Need a picture of the board inside Acramatic A2100 hand pendant to see how every fish is connected.
    If anyone could help me I would be greatful . Thanks.

Re: Acramatic A2100 Hand Pendant

I don't think that anyone will take their pendant apart to take a picture for you. Can you send pics of your pendant and I will try to help you with this.

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    I don't think that anyone will take their pendant apart to take a picture for you. Can you send pics of your pendant and I will try to help you with this.

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    My problem is that the spindle speed and feedrate override dials do not work, i dont know if the connections inside the pendant are wrong or even some cable is missing, also the display shows 125% feed and 125% speed. Attachment 271136

The feed and speed override pots are just simple potentiometers and you can look on the units to get the part number and order them from the internet about $8 each. You can use an ohm meter to check the resistance to see if it is bad. The resistance should change as you turn the stem. I have seem them be intermittent as you turn the stem but never both going bad at the same time. Look on You Tube on how to check a potentiometer.

Mike http:// cncmachineservices.com

The override pots seem to be in a good condition, my only suspicion is that maybe some connection cable is missing thus there is no real feedback so the indication is always stuck on 125% for both. That's the main reason why i needed to see the connections inside an operating pendant.

The pendant talks to the cnc control through a high speed data line which goes to the bridge board. You may not have the correct pendent software for your control software. I do not remember any settings in the control for the pendent. All pendents that I have ever seen has the feed and speed over rides. I don't think it was an option. I have included the pendent interface print. If it doesn't show up, send us an e-mail and we will send it to you. Attachment 271196

Thanks for your help but I think what could really help me currently is the print of the pendant itself and not the interface. Thanks again for your effort.

Cinci never published the internal schematic for the pendant that I have ever seen. You can call SIEMENS at 1-800-879-8079 in the US but I don't think they will give it to you. You may need to send the unit to them. You should also check the software and part number of the pendant to see if it works for your A2100 control version, some are different.

Attachment 271494

hope this helps.....

Thanks everyone for your replies, the picture helped me a lot, and indeed there was a cable missing after all as i figured out by looking at the picture. Thank you!