585,917 active members*
3,492 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > 5 axis Upgraded NM200 V2 for sale
Page 1 of 2 12

5 axis Upgraded NM200 V2 for sale

This low hour (hobbyist owned) 5 axis machine is for all intents and purposes a pro.
    I Put the order in for a Novakon Pro with the new stand as it is ready for the ATC and new Novakon enclosure that is in the developmental stage I am working in concert with Novakon on the prototype of this enclosure and decided it would be easier by far to have the pro and upgraded base to design from and being a Demo center for Novakon I thought it only right to have the latest machine to show potential customers.

Asking $10,500

Located in Charlotte NC

Here are the specs;
    NM 200 series 2 up graded to a pro 2hp 1500 watt 150 to 6000 RPM AC VFD spindle motor
    4th and 5th axis,
    Novakon power draw bar, and input for probe
    breaking resistor that stops spindle in 1.5 sec from 6000 RPM
    Twin LED work liights
    stepper motors on X,Y, Z axis
    Sunfar 300 controller,
    Increased flow coolant system with a wash down hose. Based on Ray L's design
    On board computer and Mach-3
    Enclosure
    Table is a massive 38.5 x 12 and will hold 850 lb work load.
    Table Travel is 24 inches in (X) 16+ inches I extended the front of the tray to enable the extra (Y) travel and 11.5 inches in (Z)
    Machine weighs over 1,500 lbs
    approx. 470 hours , excellent condition
    I have literally spent more time upgrading this mill then running it.

Re: 5 axis Upgraded NM200 V2 for sale

I saw this machine on craigslist about a month ago. I'm not in the market for another mill but if I was it looks like a good deal. I wondered at the time if I would eventually see it posted here either by the seller or new buyer. Good luck.

Ben

Thanks Ben I did not post it on here out of respect for Novakon, I received permission from them this afternoon so here it is.
    Thanks Novakon.

Ray,
    Your PM box is full.
    Thanks,

Pat

Pat It is clear now and I pm,d you my email addy
    Ray

I saw this machine under power in Charlotte and it looks like new. Anyone in the market for a used machine
    will not find one in better shape.

Ken

Other than the stand and the readiness for the ATC, how does this machine differ from the newer pro? Seems like the travels at least are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by AVRnj View Post
    Other than the stand and the readiness for the ATC, how does this machine differ from the newer pro? Seems like the travels at least are similar.
    With having up graded the motor it is essentially set up as a pro. One difference is that the electrical panel is hard wired (screw terminals) on the NM 200 and the pro uses plug in connections.
    The travels are exactly the same, In fact I fabricated an extension for the front of my tray when I built the enclosure to gain about 1.5 inches of "Y" travel.
    It is my understanding that the ATC will be compatible with the NM line when all is said and done, but talk with Ray L or Novakon on that.
    The pro actually comes with the same stand that I have and the new stand is an added cost upgrade.
    My machine is set up for 5 axis machining and I am pretty sure that the Pro does not offer 5th axis as an option.
    I already have the PDB installed and have added a breaking resistor to stop the spindle in about 1.5 sec from 6000 rpm. again both added cost but in my mind necessary up-grades
    I hope that answers your question .
    Note to Novakon: If any of my information is incorrect please feel free to correct me.
    Ray Mc

Quote Originally Posted by ram48 View Post
    With having up graded the motor it is essentially set up as a pro. One difference is that the electrical panel is hard wired (screw terminals) on the NM 200 and the pro uses plug in connections.
    The travels are exactly the same, In fact I fabricated an extension for the front of my tray when I built the enclosure to gain about 1.5 inches of "Y" travel.
    It is my understanding that the ATC will be compatible with the NM line when all is said and done, but talk with Ray L or Novakon on that.
    The pro actually comes with the same stand that I have and the new stand is an added cost upgrade.
    My machine is set up for 5 axis machining and I am pretty sure that the Pro does not offer 5th axis as an option.
    I already have the PDB installed and have added a breaking resistor to stop the spindle in about 1.5 sec from 6000 rpm. again both added cost but in my mind necessary up-grades
    I hope that answers your question .
    Note to Novakon: If any of my information is incorrect please feel free to correct me.
    Ray Mc
    Thanks, that is very helpful. I am about 10 hours from you, makes it challenging but not impossible. I am going to look into what it would cost to rent something to transport it.

AVR
    I sent you a PM but I seem to be having issues with the outbox.
    let me know if you got the message.
    Ray

Yep, just replied, thanks. If you don't get my reply, let me know and we can try email, I got both of yours.

Well it SOLD.......
    To a fellow about an hour or so from me. He looked at other similar brands and when he saw the size and capability's of the Novakon he bought it on the spot.
    Now all I have to do is wait ten days for my new 4 axis stepper pro with PDB, Braking resistor and the hot new stand to get here then set her up and get started on that commercial grade enclosure.

I think that guy got a hell of a deal.

He did but hes a good guy and I have a feeling he will become active on this forum. He was real excited after seeing the machine and speaking with John about the company and quality of Novakon. I think he is going to be ordering some tooling and such from Novakon this week so all in all it was a good deal for everyone.

I may try to sell mine to move to a Pro or a Pulsar. It's not as clean and fancy as yours so the price will be proportional.

Hey Ray,
    We got it home last night and started to reassemble it. So excited we almost got it complete before calling it a night. This machine is awesome and I look forward to learning a lot from all of you. After looking at all the potential mills out there I am so glad I went with the Novakon. Besides Ray being such a nice guy, John from Novacon (the owner) talked to me on several different occasions, even before I bought the machine. This company really goes the extra mile to help their customers. I look forward to a long and positive relationship with Novakon and everyone on this board.
    Will ( new cnc owner).

Welcome aboard!

The social media group we have here is top notch and quite knowledgeable (and opinionated) in every aspect of these machines. For every question, there will be an answer.

Regards,
    Novakon Team

Quote Originally Posted by Novakon View Post
    For every question, there will be an answer.
    Usually several, and some are occasionally even correct! :-)

Regards,
    Ray L.

Will

Welcome aboard. May you look forward to a long and productive relationship.
    Just like starting a new life, quite the learning curve but the result is worth it.

John

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    Usually several, and some are occasionally even correct! :-)
    But often for every answer, their is an equal (and opposite) re-answer...
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Page 1 of 2 12