585,906 active members*
3,770 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

40W CO2 Laser from China - wiring help!

So I bought one of those ultra cheap CO2 lasers from China. Long story short, I had to replace and laser tube and power supply because improper installation shortened the lifespan of these two to only a couple of hours (but that's another story). I got a new 40W tube, a new power supply and a "display board" which should enable the dreadful MoshiDRAW software to control the laser tube's power, which I could not do when originally got the machine (it had no digital interface between the controller card and the laser power supply).

The controller board I have is made by Moshi and is the MS10105 V4.7. There are a bunch of connectors on the board. My power supply in unnamed as there is no model number, or other data, on it. The display card is the last one in the setup. Please see the attached pictures.
    2.jpg shows the connectors on the Moshi controller board, 3.jpg shows the connectors on the power supply. The display board is shown here:
    http://www.moshidraw.com/images/up_images/2014617115733.jpg

So the easy part is connecting whatever was connected before:
    CN4 is connected to X axis motor.
    CN3 is connected to Y axis motor.
    CN5 is connected to the power supply and I have a dedicated cable for that.

Now:
    CN21 - ???

CN22 - ???
    CN6 should be connected to CN8 according to what Moshi told me. The cable that came with the board and also photographed on some manual Moshi has shows that from CN8 on the display board only Rx & Tx are connected to CN6's two internal pins (farther away from PCB edge). There are for communication only so no power is applied to the display PCB from that connection. This is, of course, a problem as the board must be powered in order to communicate. The connector on the right of the display board, CN7 seems to fit a cable that goes to the power supply into 2 connectors with 2 and 3 pins. There are shown in 2.jpg as K+ / K- and G / IN / 5V. You can see that this doesn't match up the text on the display board perfectly and there are actually P+ and P- connections on the power supply - they are simply not populated.

So now I connected the display board as I mentioned above and when the laser turns on and starts to fire. The test laser button does nothing. Only the power button on the display board (which turns off the display) stops the laser.

Any thoughts or experience with similar situations?

Re: 40W CO2 Laser from China - wiring help!

Take a look at this thread , it could help you !

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...laser-50w.html

And this photo may help too :

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...8&d=1422024454

Hi

I am in the process of buying a chinese laser
    but I am very worried about the contollers / mainboards
    there are so many options
    Moshidraw
    Newly Draw
    LIHUIYU
    TAIZHI
    winsealXP15E

Which one should I consider ?

I am also looking at bigger lasers
    they come with 2 makes of controllers
    Raidu / Rd works
    DSP / Lasercut

Which is better

Thanks
    Ebrahim

I think that quite all the motherboard that you wrote are the same, I mean that they have quite same performances.
    If you want a real good motherboard you may look for a DSP one, and it isn't the same price iot's more expensive.

But I would say that the DSP is far better.

I've actually managed to get the laser electronics up and running. I will draw up something and post here for future generations Hooking up the PWM controller for the laser was not trivial at all!

Hi
    Please tell me when people say DSP
    do they mean Leetro / Ruida / Anywells 608 / 708?

I know they dont refer to moshidraw or newly draw as DSP - but I am having a problem understanding what DSP is
    Thanks
    Ebrahim

When people say DSP they refer to the laser controller hardware, the software is something else. Why they are called DSP is a mystery to me as DSP standard for digital signal processing and I am not sure what signals gets processed here in a fashion that justifies the usage of the said acronym.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_rider View Post
    When people say DSP they refer to the laser controller hardware, the software is something else. Why they are called DSP is a mystery to me as DSP standard for digital signal processing and I am not sure what signals gets processed here in a fashion that justifies the usage of the said acronym.
    Hi
    The more I read, the more I think that DSP is a specific make of system.
    Another user says DSP on this forum refers to Anywells Awc608
    Thanks

I use to sell lasers previously +- 5yrs ago
    and then DSP meant Leetro systems DSP ( they called it DSP themselves eg DSP 5.x)
    but I am now a bit confused, but for some reason Moshidraw and Newly draw is said not to be DSP ?
    Thanks

How hard is it to get a new controller and software (drivers?) that can print corel draw? MY cam5 is a total POS. (running smartcarve)